2010 promises to be an important year for the structured settlement industry.
Strategic structured settlement priorities for 2010:
- Public policy - what laws currently define structured settlement public policy and how do these laws impact:
- Legislative reform - how will anticipated new legislation change structured settlements:
- Health care reform;
- Financial reform;
- Tax reform?
- Business standards and practices - what business standards and practices will prevail following:
- Business models - who will create new business models and success metrics for:
- Structured settlement claim management;
- Settlement consulting;
- Structured settlement secondary market;
- Internet-based structured settlements?
Professional association meetings - S2KM will report structured settlement and settlement consulting educational results from four (4) professional association meetings during the first six (6) months of 2010:
- NAELA Special Needs Summit - February 25-27 in New Orleans;
- ASNP Annual Meeting - March 19-20 in Charleston, S.C.
- SSP Annual Meeting - April 27-28 in Washington, D.C.
- NSSTA Annual Meeting - May 4-6 in Washington, D.C.
For prior S2KM reports about structured settlement and settlement consulting professional associations, see S2KM's structured settlement wiki.
For S2KM's most recent strategic analysis of the structured settlement industry, see S2KM's blog post "Structured Settlements in 2009".