This blog post highlights and summarizes S2KM's first six audio podcasts which can be subscribed to and are accessible from the upper left corner of S2KM's blog: "Beyond Structured Settlements". Future S2KM reviews will also highlight podcasts from other structured settlement podcast sites including Ringler Radio,
The Settlement Channel and The Factoring Channel.
Truffle Media Networks - S2KM initiated its own podcast channel
(S2KM Podcast Channel) June 10, 2007 in collaboration with Truffle Media
Networks. Ned Arthur of Truffle Media hosts S2KM's podcasts. During the
past six weeks, S2KM and Truffle Media have begun to develop a
collaborative public podcast library. We intend to continue this collaboration throughout 2007.
Preliminary S2KM podcasts focus on these topics and people:
- Ned Arthur - S2KM Podcast Tape 1 introduces S2KM Podcast host Ned Arthur and Ned's company, Truffle Media Networks. In Tape 1, Ned and Patrick Hindert, S2KM's Managing Director and blog editor, discuss Ned's background and provide an overview of Truffle Media Networks. They also discuss the application of podcasting to the following industries:
- Barbara Bowen - S2KM Podcast Tape 4 introduces Dr. Barbara Bowen, Managing Director of Sound Knowledge Strategies. Barbara is a knowledge management (KM) expert who specializes in eliciting and visually representing tacit knowledge to achieve shared mental models. In Tape 4, Ned and Barbara discuss Barbara's educational and professional background and introduce concept maps. In subsequent S2KM podcasts, Barbara and Ned will discuss specific S2KM concept maps including "How does Web 2.0 Impact Lawyers".
- Joseph Dehner - S2KM Tape 5 introduces Joseph Dehner, a partner in the law firm Frost Brown Todd and co-author of "Structured Settlements and Periodic Payment Judgments". Ned and Joe discuss Joe's historical study of, and role within, the structured settlement industry beginning in 1977. Ned also elicits Joe's preliminary S2KM podcast analysis of structured settlement public policy. Joe will be providing additional podcast commentary about structured settlement public policy for S2KM during the next couple of weeks.
Supplemental S2KM reporting - The following S2KM podcasts supplement prior S2KM blog reporting:
- Special Needs Attorneys - In S2KM Podcast Tape 2, Ned and Patrick
discuss the relationship between structured settlements and special
needs attorneys. Related S2KM commentary and analysis includes:
- Structured Settlement Law - a public wiki S2KM developed for a June 12, 2007 presentation to the Academy of Special Needs Planners.
- Academy of Special Needs Planners - an S2KM blog post reviewing the Academy's March 2007 Annual Conference.
- Inconvenient Questions - S2KM's three-part series about the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 and its potential impact on structured settlements.
- Structured Settlement Mid-2007 Report - In S2KM Podcast Tape 3, Ned and Patrick identify and review important mid-2007 structured settlement industry developments as highlighted in a prior S2KM blog post. They also review June 2007 structured settlement newsletters from the law firms Drinker Biddle and Pullman & Comley.
- AAJ 2007 Annual Conference - In S2KM Podcast Tape 6, Ned and Patrick review the American Association for Justice (AAJ) 2007 Annual Meeting which occurred in July 2007. S2KM's blog coverage of the AAJ meeting included three posts. S2KM and Truffle Media will be publishing additional AAJ Conference podcast reviews in August featuring other structured settlement stakeholder attendees.
For additional information about podcasting, see S2KM's prior blog post "Introduction to Podcasting" which features an embedded concept map developed by Barbara Bowen.